As people look to their leaders worldwide for more accountability, integrity and authenticity, coaching seems to be one of the ways in which corporations are charting their way forward, pioneering a new way of working. But it requires a shift in how leaders “be” leaders, and how coaches coach leaders, and how both inspire leadership in others. Thinking about thinking. i.e. the coaching conversation, involves reflecting on and changing the reasoning behind our actions, and allowing for seeing problems and solutions in new ways – that is where new leadership has a role to play.
During the last few years, Sunny has conducted a series of interviews to look at the impact of coaching on leadership that aimed at large-scale systemic change. What has emerged is the vital need for bold, visionary leadership to shape our future; not just the future of South Africa’s organisations and institutions, but also our increasingly complex and inter-dependent cultures and societies.
Sunny’s expertise lies in her knowledge of the challenges that leaders and leadership coaching faces globally − and the need for independent thinking to create societal change. She will help leaders and leadership coaches to think through their own tipping points for change, tapping into their own gifts and strengths as leaders no matter what their walk of life.
Sunny’s expert knowledge (which has been included in an extensive survey: Leadership Development Survey, available from Knowledge Resources. She has also published an internationally acclaimed book: Leadership Coaching for Results. The book is also available in PDF e-book format.
In a nutshell, some of Sunny’s work in the areas of leadership development and leadership coaching focus on:
- What Are The Challenges Leadership Coaching Faces Globally?
- Leadership Development: No One Size Fits All
- 7 Decades of Leadership Theory, Research and Practice
- Helping People to Flourish: Working With Self-Determination Theory
- Emerging Definitions of Leader and Leadership
- Preparing Future Generations to Take On Leadership Roles
- Stories of Leaders Working With Coaching Practice at the Highest Level
- Five Emergent Critical Leadership Competences
- Developing the Leader in You: Developing Others Mindfully
- Emergent Themes for Leadership Success
In a webinar that Sunny conducted for the Institute of Coaching on the topic of “The Tacit Dimension – Developing Self as Coach in the 21st Century”, she covers:
· Learn or Die – Getting Leaders into a Learning Mind-set
· What it Means to be a Leader and a Coach in a VUCA World
· Six Defining Traits of the 21st Century Organisation
· Working with the Tacit Dimension – How Are You Being in the Coaching Relationship?
· Deepening Self-reflective practice – What should you be doing?