In this dynamic and experiential programme, Dr Sunny Stout-Rostron will put us through our paces to discover the leader in ourselves. As people look to their leaders worldwide for more accountability, integrity and authenticity, coaching seems to be one of the ways in which corporations are charting their way forward, pioneering a new way of working. But it requires a shift in how leaders “be” leaders, and how coaches coach leaders, and how both inspire leadership in others. Thinking about thinking. i.e. the coaching conversation, involves reflecting on and changing the reasoning behind our actions, and allowing for seeing problems and solutions in new ways – that is where new leadership has a role to play.
During the last few years, Sunny has conducted a series of interviews to look at the impact of coaching on leadership that is aimed at large-scale systemic change. What has emerged is the vital need for bold, visionary leadership to shape our future; not just the future of South Africa’s organisations and institutions, but also our increasingly complex and inter-dependent cultures and societies.
Sunny will share challenges leadership coaching faces globally − and the need for independent thinking to create societal change. She will help us to think through our own tipping points for change, tapping into our own gifts and strengths as leaders no matter what our walk of life. From her talk and her series of coaching exercises, Sunny will help you to get the best from yourself and others.
Outline of the Workshop:
- What Are The Challenges Leadership Coaching Faces Globally?
- Leadership Development: No One Size Fits All
- 7 Decades of Leadership Theory, Research and Practice
- Helping People to Flourish: Working With Self-Determination Theory
- Emerging Definitions of Leader and Leadership
- Preparing Future Generations to Take On Leadership Roles
- Stories of Leaders Working With Coaching Practice at the Highest Level
- Five Emergent Critical Leadership Competences
- Developing the Leader in You: Developing Others Mindfully
- Emergent Themes for Leadership Success